Thursday, August 14, 2008

IWA National Festival 2008 Day ?? whatever

I've lost count of the days I have been here, I have been so busy!

What amazes me about this event is the age of the volunteers who help to put the site together. I have been working with Roger, Bruce, Margaret, Bill, Tony, John, Martyn (hopefully I have not missed anyone out!!) and the age range is from the fifties to the seventies. What amazes me even more is that one of our crew works from a mobility scooter.

We are now known as the heavy mob!! If it needs shifting or lifting, be it sandbags, washing machines, ovens, fridges or freezers, just call on us and we will be there!!

I have a couple of days off from the heavy mob as I will now start to do the job I really was recruited for - i.e. working for Waterspace. Tomorrow and Saturday I will be helping to mark out all the mooring spaces on the Shroppie. I had started this earlier in the week and then BW came along and mowed the towpath and guess what happened to all my markings!!!

No more photos as yet, I must do some more soon, most of the marquees are now erected including the beer tent so the site is starting to take shape

No comments: