Thursday, October 8, 2009

October Cruising

There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe the weather today so I will just use the one - wonderful!!!!
.
A long days cruising today, we left Fazeley, had a quick pumpout at Fazeley Mill Marina (quick is an enigma - you get caught up talking to Corrinne and a quick pumpout expands to 45 minutes!!)
.
It took forever to get to the bottom of the Curdworth flight of locks as I insisted on doing some caching on the way, by the time we stopped for lunch I had only found 2 out of 6, 2 I just could not find and the other 2 there were too many people around.
.
Afternoon was nuch better, we did all of three locks on the Curdworth flight, finding 4 out of 5 caches in the vicinity, and also found a mooring near the Dog n Doublet. I shall try and find the missing cache in the morning before we leave.
.
As I said before, a long day. 4 miles and 3 locks, tomorrow could be even longer, 2 miles and 8 locks, and maybe, just maybe, a few more caches on the way
.

No comments: