Friday, October 9, 2009

And so to Curdworth

Another long day in store today, 2 miles and 8 locks to be worked.
.
It took us just over the 2 hours as I had to do 4 caches on the way as well!!!
.
We reached Curdworth just after 1.30 p.m. and moored up. I spent the afternoon cleaning the boat and the brass as my son and his mates were taking over the boat that evening and I like to leave the boat how I would like to get it back!!!!
.
The new crew duly arrived and we sopped over, we took the car, they have the boat. 20 minutes later we were back home and indoors, it had taken 6 hours by boat.
.
Tomorrow GUELROSE is heading for Birmingham where the lads are having a night out on the town!! Then they will work it back to Hopwas over the next 2 days.
.
That was probably our last cruise of the year, and, as we no longer live on the boat, I will have to go through the process of winterising the boat, something I have not done for many years......
.

No comments: