Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tragedy et al.....

My birthday was on Friday, I went to sign on to the internet to get all the hundreds of good wishes from my fellow facebook fans, but, the computer battery was almost dead and when I plugged in the charger it did not work!!

It was like having my arms and legs cut off - no computer - no Internet access - nothing!!!

Luckily, there is a happy ending to this story. I had a surprise visit from my 2 children, their spouses and my four grandchildren who insisted on taking me out for a meal. They all went home that night leaving the eldest granddaughter with us, but took my computer with them. My daughter returned next day to pick up the granddaughter and brought with her a replacement charger. JOY!!

So here I am, back on the Internet. We stayed at Thrupp from Friday morning until Sunday morning, intending to leave reasonably early. But, saying goodbye to Chrissie and Richard of DIGITALIS took time, then MAFFI turned up and had a chat, so, all in all, we left later than anticipated.

We eventually got onto the Thames, did a self pump out at Eynsham, (£8 is really good value these days) and, taking the lock keepers advice went past the pay moorings where we saw SANITY AGAIN, and moored up in a field which is apparently free....

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY... It is really peaceful here, if they could only get rid of the planes at Oxford airfield it would be even quieter.

No comments: