Saturday, August 29, 2009

IWA National -Redhill

It's ten to nine on a summers? evening!! It's cold enough for me to consider lighting the stove. All this talk about global warming - well, I can assure you all it is not happening at Redhill!


At least it has stayed dry but the wind in this part of the world is second to none. Now, back to the matter in hand, THE NATIONAL. After several last minute panic jobs to be done, the IWA National Festival and Boat Show 2009 finally opened. The weather was fine and dry, although windy, the gates opened at 10 and the punters started streaming in through the gates. After carrying out a few last minute jobs I ventured onto the festival site, for the first time this year!


After a pastie for lunch I left my wife doing a 2 hour shift in the food court cleaning the tables, the word 'scrubber' came to mind, but, needless to say this was not pursued for very long!


After her shift she managed to venture into one of the exhibitors tents where she managed to spend a small fortune on 'christmas presents' for the kids. Having not enough cash on me to pay for these goodies, I had to leave the site by car, pop into Kegworth and avail myself of the cash machine outside the Co-op.


That's about it for the time being, in a couple of days we will start taking it all down again.

1 comment:

Halfie said...

Mike, thanks to you, your wife, and all your co-volunteer helpers, I had a splendid time at this year's National. You even managed to keep the campsite dry! Well done.