Monday, August 24, 2009

IWA National -Redhill

Apologies for the lack of communication over the last few days, we have had so much to do that by the time I get back to my boat, have something to eat, I want to go to bed!!!
My work has been much of the same over the last few days, building landing stages on the steep banks of the River Soar to enable boaters to access terra firma.
Today has been spent trying to sort out the pontoons for the exhibitors boats and historical craft, plus sort out some means of securing the disabled moorers pontoons to dry land. The main problem is that from the pontoon to dry land is 8 metres, and health and safety dictates that the maximum span for a gangway is 4 metres so tomorrow we have to build more landing stages which will protrude at least 4 metres into the river.......
After tomorrow I will put on my other hat and become a harbourmaster, this will be much easier and will hopefully enable me to spend more time on my blog.....

No comments: