Thursday, June 28, 2012

Life without a dongle......

A few days ago, while rigging up my dongle on its 3 metre extension cable I managed to drop it into the canal.  Needless to say, it did not float!!   So, I have been dongle-less for the last few days and have therefore had no access (or limited access through my mobile) to the internet.

Today we are near Uxbridge so I took the bus (thank you for my bus pass) into Uxbridge where they have a T mobile store, the original supplier of my dongle.  Various questions were asked, to which I did not have the answers, various sums were mentioned, £10 for this, £10 for that etc.  Name (I could manage that one) plus address...   OH, you have been with us since 2006 using the same dongle.... you are eligible for a free upgrade.....

I am now the proud owner of a wireless router on board..... which will operate up to five devices at a time.....  Jenny is really happy, she can now play her games whilst I do my bits.....

What a glorious day, weatherwise.  Tomorrow it is on to Little Venice.

The situation with continuous moorers does not get better the closer you get to London, BW are clearly guilty of gross misconduct in the way that they have managed?? the moorings  problem over the last few years.......   Let's hope CRT get it right,......   but don't hold your breath!!

No comments: