Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 3......

A leisurely start today..... it was about time I cleaned the brass so that is what I did. We set off about 11 and stopped at Rose Narrowboats for water. The yard was a hive of activity as engineers and cleaners prepared the hirefleet for its next batch of 'owners'.

Whilst there I purchased a new seal for the porta potti (£9.93!!!!!).... I really must fit it before we get to Beale Park otherwise Elaine and her crew on the Lavendar Boat might well be wearing..... well, it does not not bear thinking about!!

After shopping at Tesco's in Rugby (the walk to the store seems to be getting longer or am I getting older) we set off again.

Then it was on to Hillmorton to moor for the night, where we saw a procession of Viking Afloat and Rose Narrowboats as the new crews find their feet...

By the time I set sail tomorrow they will be long gone.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: What is to stop me going to the supermarket garage with my plastic 5 gallon containers, buying white diesel at £1.15, putting it in my tank and then when I get to a boatyard just adding red diesel at domestic rate?? Will it work, will my engine like white diesel? The fact that I would only save about 9p a litre on propulsion probably makes it not worth the effort, but, is itg legal?

1 comment:

Bruce in Sanity said...

Using white diesel is perfectly legal, but strictly you are not allowed to buy red at 0% unless you are a local residential moorer who only moves to reach the services.

No reason why you shouldn't declare 10% though, but as you say, the saving will be barely worth the hassle.

ATB

Bruce