Monday, June 9, 2008

The Veg Pledge

Has the veg pledge been abandoned? It certainly seems like it if you cruise the Ashby Canal. Once you turn off of the Coventry Canal at Marston Junction the vegetation seems to take over. In some places it is four or five feet high and obviously has not been cut at all this year. I suppose I really ought to take a picture and attach to my blog - maybe tomorrow!!

Luckily on the approach to hospital bend at Burton Hastings someone with a 70 footer had been here before and cut back all the vegetation, I cut back a bit more with the pair of shears I always carry. Are we all going to have to carry strimmers in the future to do BW's job for them?

All I ask is that the next boater to use this mooring does his bit of gardening.

As for the weather, it's gorgeous!

Speak to you all soon.

No comments: